Automotive Maintenance

…and all I got was this lousy sticker.


well, okay, in addition to the dealership sticker the car is also nice and shiny for the first time in close to a year; I’d forgotten how insanely good Meguiars NXT car polish was. Don’t think I’ll use anything else again.

Bring on the classic Jap meet this Saturday!

Introducing, my bootlid.

January 14, 2010

With Complimentary Rust and Incorrect Spoiler!

Some might look at that spoiler and think…

“That’s not too shabby, it’s close to the right one.  Why don’t you just keep it?”

It’s been a sore spot with me since I’ve had the car.  It’s a fibreglass replica spoiler for a Torana GTR-XU1.  It doesn’t fit correctly, the attempt at fitment is abysmal and has generated a lot of rust and cracked paint.  So today came time to remove it.  A task not as easy as one might think. (more…)

Paint Stripper Challenge.

January 13, 2010

Your challenge, whether you accept it or not, Mr. Paint Stripper is to attempt to get through to steel on this fender;




From Ukraine with Kenmeri?

January 12, 2010

Perhaps you have to be a Skyline nerd to understand that pathetic attempt at humour.

Whilst trawling the forums of Japanese Nostalgic Car last-night, I wandered across a fairly rare sight, especially outside of Japan.  The sight was one of a PC110, but not what you would expect of one.  This was no Export market Datsun 180K, oh no, it’s a genuine Japanese Nissan Skyline 1800GL and as the title of this entry suggests, it’s in the Ukraine, curious!

Nissan Skyline 1800GL

The basic story behind it, is that it was exported from Japan (via Boat) in 1991 into the Ukraine.  Apparently sailors of the USSR did this in relative frequency,  so it is a real Skyline with motivation from the Prince designed G18 Engine.   Bought for the princely sum of 500USD  (roughly $680NZD)!  Not too bad.  The amount of rot that encompasses it reminds me of my own C110.


Productive Weekend

January 11, 2010

Well, I managed to get a few more bits and pieces done on the weekend, but first things first.  On the Friday evening after work I shot home to un-wrap and test fit my parcel from Chris, the result was as such;

Exhausting work!

Annoying to attempt to fit whilst the F54 was on it’s cradle as they rest below the floor height so I just kind of propped them into place, as you can see.  There seems to be plenty of clearance for the engine mount but whether it fouls on any of the steering components I’ll not discover until I test fit it.  Which is a while off as more important things like bodywork are to come first and I’ve still got to finish tidying up the engine bay…  Something I wouldn’t normally bother with but seeing as everything else is getting done it would be ridiculous not to.

Anyway!  Speaking of bodywork…