You may remember this fender, being that I only just posted about it recently. Well after all my running about today I figured I might as well be MORE productive and get stuck back into it to fill my “Something on the C110 Daily” quota.
Today I started with this;
First port of call was the rott spot at the bottom of the guard.
Oh, but why use fibre bog/filler/Nu-Tech/New-Tec (whatever the fuck it’s called). Well, obviously to fill holes with instead of using steel. Afterall, someone else has previously brazed in a repair patch into the bottom of the guard, why carry on? Why not just slap some bullshit in it. If you need proof that the rust hole was bad before the bog made it’s way in, then check out how the back of the bog looks after being dug out;
What you can see in there is the inner support panel, which you’ll also see later. He’s a pulled back shot of how the bottom of that guard looks.
You can see that at some stage in the past someone has tried to fix it once at least vaguely properly and then subsequently the next attempt was just fibre filler. I mean fuck, the first attempt is still in good nick by comparison.
With a few more metric tonnes of filler removed and my drill starting to make a horrible grinding noise, I was left with this;
Not to be outdone, the top of the guard also had a rust hole “repaired” by being filled with fibre bog;
So, not much left to go on that now, thankfully. Though I think a visit to Mitre 10 to replace my replacement drill, might well be in order.